Saturday, August 10, 2013

More catching up...

Once again....heeerrreee'sss Leslie!

 

Tropical Storm Chantel was supposed to produce some rain and winds for us. I waited in anticipation as I had my supplies and knew the routine in Florida, but still really did not know what to expect here!! Well - I got thirty minutes of a sprinkle and maybe three wind gusts of 15 MPH! Dodged a bullet this time!!

 Fostering my girl, Patches, had been a joy for me and I appreciate our landlords allowing it. She is such a cuddler and is so lovable! I try to help the ACC out when they are overcrowded or when Patches may need some one on one time, but let’s be serious- I need some of that doggie love too! So it's a win-win situation!! The ACC knows that I can't commit to more than just our fostering as my number one priority needs to be getting Champ down here and getting him adjusted!!





Kids Night In Babysitting Service is in full bloom. I am watching little ones from both local families and visiting guests. I have watched kids aged 3 months to 11 years and had a blast with all!!







I have finally seen my first therapy patient with Partners 4Kids !! It is exciting for me to see babies down here! I love the doctor, the OT, and the office  staff, so I cannot wait to get more involved as this expands!! I think it will be amazing for everyone!

Went snorkeling with a lovely lady who has lived here 30 years! Lucy was in charge of Caneel's snorkel hut for 20 years, so when she asked me to go, I was really excited to find a snorkel partner!! We snorkeled for over 2 hours and went from Caneel Bay, to Paradise, and then to Scott Bay! We saw some great fish and reef. The most exciting thing we saw was a basket starfish as they usually come out at night only!
(here's a picture as they are pretty wild!).
Afterwards we were famished so we decided to try a place that neither of us had been to, but had heard rave reviews on their burgers, Driftwood David's. The burgers were yummy! After the burgers Lucy inquired about dessert, Nikki the waitress told us the pastry chef left five months ago, so there were no desserts available. Lucy said she would have to come to my house for cookies! Nikki went and got the owner, Dave, who said he wanted to sample my cookies. I dropped them off the day I was going back to Florida for six days! Upon my return, he asked when I was making him more as they were the best cookies he had ever had!! Yowza!! So now I am baking cookies as needed for Driftwood Dave's! The best part is he is donated some of the money to ACC!! Nice guy, good burgers, and now my cookies!!

Saying goodbye to a new friend is difficult. Rob has been a huge supporter of the Animal Care Center for several years. I have had the privilege of getting to know him through the Sunday ACC hikes , but even more so on our Tuesday morning long walks for the pups. We would take them into town, or to swim in the water, and us humans got to giggle and tease each other throughout our walks!  Rob and Ken decided to move back to Rhode Island and will be dearly missed! 

Denise, our other walking buddy, had a going away party at her home in lower Peter Bay and I just was in awe of the view!




  I may need to send care packages to Rob as he kind of liked my cookies!




1 comment:

  1. Basket starfish... very cool!
    Keep going!
    And Steve... get going!

    ReplyDelete