Friday, May 3, 2013

First person report:

Contrary to what I posted before, here's an entry straight from our on-island correspondent herself (with only minor editing for "oops" phone typing!)

5/2 As I sit here thinking about all that has happened in the past week, I feel tired, proud, and a little less unsure. I knew coming into this that it wouldn't be a piece of cake, but I didn't imagine that the first week would such an ebb and flow of emotion. Paradise does have its price and I know there will be more to come. To summarize:
 

My week- our house is sweet, cozy and perfect for Steve and I. I can't wait to see if he likes it as much as me. Since I couldn't find it the first night some people speculated that I had been the victim of by a craigslist scam, that it didn't exist at all and if it did it was a rat infested piece of junk. Well it is a nice little cottage and the beginning of our piece of paradise with awesome fauna, flora, and neighbors. 

In terms of work, I once again realized my passion is working with children and their caregivers. I'm not sure if physical therapy with adults is an option I want to explore. I think I really know after all these years what my niche is and if I don't have passion in what I am doing, I will never succeed and therefore I may be looking into other choices.
 

I have found that friends can be of all ages, genders, close and far away. And sometimes people you don't even know person personally yet, but insist to their wife on meeting you for a drink to be sure you are safe since you made the trip solo. ( You know who you are- wink wink!) So thank you!
 

I have learned that getting kisses from dogs that need you can be almost as good as kisses from your own dog.
 

I have learned that getting underwater and seeing what lives there makes me feel better every time and after seeing seeing a wonderful school of parrotfish I have even more appreciation for sand!! (Some of you won't get the reference!)
 

I have learned that Kenny Chesney music is really pretty good. ( I used to think people just liked him because of his STJ ties), but Inner Visions still blow it up at High Tide!! And I will take them any day of the week !
 

Lastly I have learned that my husband is the kindest most patient man. He has handled my tears of joy this week and my tears of , well lets just say not joy. He has kept me grounded when a couple of times I had the opportunity to jump right back on that plane and go back to what's easy and uncomplicated. But Steve's easy nature allowed me to see through the rain clouds and see the rainbow. 

Many more will come - I'm sure!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I'm glad your cottage wasn't a "craigslist scam" because you sure do have a cute place! :D

    ~ Margo

    ReplyDelete